Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Crosswords Crossed Eyes

New York Times crossword puzzles make my head spin with their overall clues for multiple questions, like "Deli Condiments". What?

So I lower my expectations by attempting the San Diego Union puzzle that uses mostly four-letter words. (Just my level.) I can breeze through clues like "Italian Hello", ciao, or "Smallest in the litter,"
dead (just kidding, but it fits), until the answers are 12 letters long (then I go online for the answer, which opens up many of the other words).

I have yet to finish one Union crossword puzzle. So I have, if I'm not careful, folded pieces of newspaper in my bedroom, living room, and bathroom. Who cares if it's a week old? I still don't know the answer.

I did get a Crossword Puzzle Dictionary for Christmas. Yeah!

I haven't opened it yet.

Too much work.

PS The crossed eyes refer to my younger years with strabisma. For years I couldn't catch a ball because I always saw two balls. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment