Thursday, September 19, 2019

If I really am as old as I feel...

This week I visited a senior living facility. $2k a month includes three meals a day, housekeeping, laundry, a studio apartment, free WIFI...It sounds wonderful. Really. I'm tired. Not so tired that I want to die (let's pull back on that throttle, shall we?) I'm tired of all my responsibilities with the library book sales. In process of training the last of five new volunteers, I know when that's done that I will rest easier knowing the shop will be fine. I asked Kara if she would manage it, and she said she would, in another year, which leaves me having to carry the responsibility for another 12 months.

That in itself may be pushing me so much that now I'm desperate for respite. If the adage is true that your as old as you think you are, then I'd say I was in my 80s, another 20 years away.. After my fall on Monday I think I've aged at least 6 months. My right knee hurts so much I can't stand up using that leg for support. When I fell on the floor of the shop on Wednesday afternoon, it was very difficult to stand up, but I was determined to do it no matter what it took. But I just don't have the strength in my legs to get myself off the floor.

A trainer at the gym showed me how to roll on my side and then use my arms to get up, but my arms aren't very strong, either. I just hope I don't fall again.  Meanwhile. the simpler life is so appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment