Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I thought I was being efficient...


Getting stuck between my bed and the wall wasn’t really how I wanted to start the day.

I was early getting ready for work so I thought I would do some cleaning. I pulled my bed away from the wall so that I could use the hand vacuum under that part of my bed I haven’t cleaned in, oh, 20 years. 

I was lying on top of the bed, reached as far in the corner as I could but I started slipping. I had only moved the bed about two feet from the wall. I grabbed the silky comforter as I started to slide, realizing the comforter was why I was slipping. So as I continue my slide I rolled so my back was the first to wish I had moved the boxes further away from the wall. I was then on my back, staring at the ceiling, plastic and cardboard boxes corners poking me. 

I finally let go of the dustbuster, and got out after several attempts that included trying to reach the window sill (too far up), moving the boxes aside (they didn’t move) and thinking I didn’t have my cell phone to call and say I would be a little late. What was on the floor was now on my pants, shirt, and shoes (well, at least it’s cleaner back there now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment