Tuesday, February 26, 2013

iGiveup

I really want to be at least tech-knowledgeable, but it's hard to keep up. Love to learn how to use an iPhone,iPad, iPod, etc. I do have a cell phone (with a monthly fee of $15 -- thanks to Consumer Cellular, with about five people on my contact list, and I check it every week, at least. 

"But what if someone calls you and would like to hear back?" True, I really should check it at least twice a week...I don't have enough (any) calls to warrant hourly updates, and haven't figured out if it is even possible to post on FB or send emails, although I've had this cell phone almost a year.

I try to text, but the buttons are so small. I see people typing with a flurry using their thumbs. Moreen, who is 75, can text her sister, son, and grandsons no problem. At work my colleagues were using an iPad to scan in tickets, but one of them said "just call one of us," meaning mostly everyone else on staff. 

Then there's the expense of all those toys, and getting signed up with a carrier for a monthly fee, and even having time to play with all of it. I haven't used an eBook -- I'm surrounded by dozens of books at work and three shelves of books at home (all early editions of books to be released in the next few months.)

I finally needed a cell phone several years ago when my sister Phoebe and I were planning our trip up to see Dan and Rachel get married, and Phoeb wanted to know how she could reach me, and she turned me on to CC mentioned earlier. For about three years I didn't use it enough and canceled that phone, only to get involved in my church where I only gave them my new cell phone number. 

Even if someone did call me and leave a voice mail, I just now got a new password.



No comments:

Post a Comment