Sunday, February 18, 2018

Avoiding Jury Duty

I've never served on a jury, and hope never to do so. In other times I knew one of the lawyers, or I knew too much about the case from the news, or the defendant, on seeing the jury members, pleads before the trial commences.

Yesterday I received a "jury questionnaire" and for the reasons I can't serve, I will list these:

  • Although I wear hearing aids, I often have to ask someone to repeat what they said
  • I always use a caption generator at the theater, and always have captions on the TV and STILL I can't hear everything
  • Cannot stand in one place for more than 20 minutes
  • Cannot sit for more than an hour, without walking around for 20 minutes
  • I have to urinate every two hours, and carry a CVS-purchased urine bag in my pocket in case I can't make it to the toilet
  • Claustrophobia

No comments:

Post a Comment