Thursday, February 22, 2018

Call Me Sir Giacomo

John, Judy, Moreen and I go to Sicilia Bella Italian Cafe every Wednesday after we've spent the morning helping out with used books in the library book sales area. This is our second year this month, so we've gotten on pretty friendly terms with Sidne and Ben, the owners. They recently dubbed me "Giacomo" (Italian for James.) I've taken it one step further...CALL ME SIR GIACOMO!

My final Friends Library board meeting was yesterday and the most exciting part of the meeting, other than knowing it was my last meeting after 6 very very long years, as recording and then corresponding secretary) was discovering that the liner of my shoe is the SAME plaid as the shirt I was wearing! I almost raised my hand to tell the board, forever sealing my reputation among future board members. (Remember the guy who wanted to be called Sir Giacomo because the plaid in the liner of his shoes were the same plaid as the shirt he was wearing?)

Better yet. Signor Guicomo.

No comments:

Post a Comment