Saturday, August 13, 2011

I Can Only Laugh

Watching Michelle Bachman glowing after her straw poll win in Iowa, stepping on a tube of anti-itch cream and seeing it spurt into a pile next to my foot...I find humor in most everything. Kayaking for the first time recently I was terrified of the kayak flipping over, but the only problem was returning to shore and a wave swamping our little boat and my travel companion -- a stranger until that morning -- getting dumped out. I rode a Segway a few weeks back and spent the first hour staring at the ground to make sure I didn't hit anything, although I was supposed to be enjoying a tour of downtown San Diego. I was the slowest, although we could go up to five miles an hour (which is pretty fast when you're standing on a machine that relies on leaning correctly to increase speed and make turns.) I was worried I wouldn't be able to stop in time, so I lagged behind starting and stopping.

I think the best thing to do is not to take anything too seriously. I have to say how much I am entertained by myself when I can find humor in any situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment