Saturday, August 11, 2012

Gown Tying

During one of my hospital visits: It was easy for him to tell me to put the gown on, with the back open, and wait for the doctor. But when was the last time he had to tie a bow backwards at the neck and back? I must have stood there for 10 minutes trying to tie those strings and, because the doctor was expected soon, I decided to proceed with the tying process sitting down. I mean, really, part of the prep to go to see a doctor should be the ability to tie the strings. Every time I thought I had it in a bow, when I pulled it tight it fell apart. Again. And again. I know I shouldn't be griping about something like this (there are millions of people who don't have health coverage) For those entrepreneurs among us, perhaps a gown with straps in front would be the next medical breakthrough. Or perhaps I can bring that part of the gown in front of me, tie it, and then pull it around the correct side. But that's too easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment