Wednesday, July 8, 2015

On Facebook I come and go

Reading others' timelines on my FB page can be depressing. It seems ironic that the happy moments with friends and families, posted by the 170 "friends" listed, would have a deleterious effect on my psyche. It's tough reading about others' successes and looking at what I'm doing (watching a lot of TV, going to an occasional flick, long walks, surfing the web) as anything worth putting on a timeline.

My dear Warwicks friend, Adriana, has given me new hope. She likes to post pictures and videos of sometimes hilarious animal adventures, which it seems everyone enjoys and always "likes" whenever I post these. Movie and tv reviews must get a "heh" from my readers because there is NEVER any response to those. (That should be an available response so at least there would be some kind of response.) Oh, and forget politics. I've learned that taking any side in controversies only leads to unfriending. (At least that has been my reaction when someone posts a "Trump Hurrah!" on their timeline. Heartfelt debate is out of the question.)

Younger, more agile, more resourceful, and wealthier "friends" always have a multitude of postings. Good for them.




No comments:

Post a Comment