Saturday, July 4, 2015

Quantity or quality?

My electric toothbrush needs a new brush head so I went to Amazon and was confronted with dozens of choices. My favorite was the "20 for $25.00" ad, compared to the Six for $60 ad nearby. The collection of 20 isn't the brand name, but a knockoff. But the accompanying ad for the brand name variety is pretty off-putting when you have to pay $10 for each brush.

And looking at the reviews for the cheaper brand didn't help much. Most of the 30 were posted in the last two months, which seems suspiciously like the manufacturer's family posted how wonderful the brushes were, despite the five disgruntled reviews, one of which says about  how she had to pick out bristles from her mouth. Another said the  brushes were too hard for his gums, and yet another said the brushes were too soft.

Meanwhile, I will just keep brushing with the brand name I'm using now, even though the color blue, which disappears when it is time to get a new head, was gone a few weeks ago. At least the bristles aren't stuck in my teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment